Different nail color

Hi...hope you are well.

My love for bold colors also spreads to nails.  Many girls like to color coordinate their clothes....finger nails and toe nails can also sometimes be switched up a little with bold colors. My toe nails right now are actually not usually out in the open but bundled up in boots/pumps and socks/tights since we are still in the winter. I recently read an article in some fashion magazine that said summer is a great time to try out contrasting nail colors on your finger nails and toe nails. Well for me regardless of the season I keep trying new things when I can and this has been happening for a long time now..
Celebrities like Beyoncé, Vanessa Hudgens..the list goes on were the first to be seen rocking the mixed-up mani look subsequently leading to ubiquity.  A few weeks ago I went to get a manicure and brought along a mint blue polish with me to accompany a red polish that I chose at the spa. When I told the aesthetician that I wanted to paint one nail with the mint and the others with the red, she looked at me with great distaste..madame 'do you wrok??'. I was embarrassed: she made me feel that asking for this was something that was publicly frowned upon and that I should really have known better. I left with all ten nails painted the same red. A week later I was sitting in a salon during lunch and explained to one of the ladys how I wanted the nail color changed.. this time I decided that I wasn’t going to let any employee dictate how I should do my nails. This is what I ended up doing:



Yes, all the nails were the same color however, I decided to legitimately bow out my bling-ring finger and thumb by using my mint blue and their red. Adding a little bow to the nail  to make it look super cool.  That was my DIY in a salon.



That’s me – right now as I sit here writing this article with my latest version of the mixed-mani. As you can see I decided to do all mint and one red against my manicurist’s advice and guess what – I liked it!

 I also tried this pink and black..


 



http://pinterest.com/moondancerjen/nail-ideas/


Why should you try this? Behold I am Brave! A list of reasons:
1. Color-blocking – It may the case that you are a little timid to try the whole color-blocking trend with your clothing proper, which is why starting off fairly subtle points to your nails. Mixing complimenting colors (bright or not) on your nails isn’t as eye-popping and a perfect opportunity for you to get a feel for the two trends in one shot!
2. It’s fun – Nothing says fun nails better than trying a fun trend. Sure, we’ve all spent years painting our nails with color but being introduced to a trend specifically dedicated to nails is alluring, non?
3. The beuatiful women in the world do it – explanation not needed.
Next week I’ll likely go see my manicurist and ask for her to paint my ring finger a different color than the rest and I’ll probably continue participating in this trend until I’ve hopefully come down from cloud nine that is otherwise known as girly bliss.



 

 






Then I came across some chitenge/ankara nails on the web...








Have you tried this before? Tell me!

KaKKi
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment